- Remote, Remote, UNITED STATES, United States
- Employees can work remotely
At Revalize, we build the software and technology that powers sales of manufactured, complex products. Our customers rely on our software to select and sell everything from commercial ovens, to specialized pumps and valves, to grain elevators, and more. We are the global leader in sector-specific software solutions that help manufacturers optimize revenue operations through design applications, engineering simulations, product selection, CPQ, PIM, visualization, and data analytics.
Headquartered in Jacksonville, FL, we serve over 20,000 customers across the globe.
Revalize is a portfolio company of TA Associates and Hg.
- JOB SUMMARY: Revalize is looking to hire a Enterprise Architect. This person will serve as a member of our Architectural leadership team with oversight of all software architecture. They will set the strategic direction and define the principles that shape our software development and technology adoption practices here at Revalize. As a leader in the development organization this person will be responsible building a culture that inspires technical experimentation and empowers our development teams to make sound technical and architectural decisions.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES: Those duties include:
- Perform architectural analysis and design for systems and products with the Revalize portfolio
- Partner with various business stakeholders and technology leaders to translate program requirements into technical solutions and system designs
- Document and communicate designs, estimates, and implementation plans to program stakeholders
- Collaborate with other members of the engineering/IT team, including architects and technical leads, to evaluate solutions and gain consensus on technical direction
- Research, design, test, and evaluate new technologies and vendor solutions
- Maintain an organization-wide view of current and future business and application architecture to provide solutions that integrate into the overall architectural vision and strategy
- Provide leadership and expertise in the development of standards, architectural governance, design patterns, and practices
- 5-7 years of technical leadership and architecture experience in software development
- 3-5 years’ experience designing and delivering large scale distributed systems (ideally using modern microservice, SOA, or DDD patterns)
- Solid understanding of security/access control, scalability, high availability, and concurrency patterns
- Flexibility and creativity in solution design – including leveraging emerging technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to clearly explain and justify ideas when faced with competing alternatives
- Ability to communicate and apply common architectural design patterns across a wide range of technical problems
- Prior experience with at least one major IaaS and/or PaaS technology (OpenStack, AWS, Heroku, etc.)
- Prior experience with relational and non-relational database technologies (MongoDB, Cassandra)
- Prior experience with agile development, continuous delivery, and DevOps
- Strong understanding of infrastructure and related technologies (hardware, virtualization, networking)
- Proficient in at least one static OO language (C#, Java)
- Proficient in current development tools (Visual Studio, Eclipse, Git, SVN)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Qualified applicants will be asked to complete a 30-minute online assessment as a part of your application.